Match It Card Game
Welcome to the world of Christmas Laurel & Co’s Match It Card Game!
If you’ve just purchased a game, THANK YOU. We really appreciate the support and we’ve worked hard to bring you a family fun game to be enjoyed by all!
So, how does it work?
Well, this was inspired by Jacques Cottereau and Denis Blanchot’s ‘Dobble’ game or better known as ‘Spot it’. It was first created using a bit of maths, actually!
♠️ The card game includes 55 cards and 57 Christmas symbols, 8 on each card and the objective is to find the matching symbol as fast as you can! Yes, there’s always a matching symbol no matter which two cards!
♦️With beautiful water colour artwork from 2 amazing artists, this gorgeous game will surely be a hit at your next party!
Artwork by talented @inkandeye & @oliartstudioshop.
There are various ways to play the game which are outlined below:
Game 1: Santa's Sack
Objective: Collect the most cards
1. Deal one card to each player facedown. Place the remaining cards face up in the middle of the table. This will be the draw pile.
2. On the count of 3, all players will flip over their card and try to spot the 1 matching Christmas symbol from the centre card to their own card. When a match is found, call it out and take the card and place it ontop of your card. Now use this new card to find the matching symbol on the next centre card. Continue playing and drawing on the centre pile until no more cards remain.
3. The player with the most cards WINS.
Game 2: Gift of Giving
Objective: Get rid of your cards the fastest
1. Place 1 card face up in the centre of the table. Distribute the remaining cards evenly between all the players.
2. On the count of 3, players will flip their draw piles over and try to spot the matching Christmas symbol from their card to the centre card. Call out the symbol and place it ontop of the centre card; this becomes the new centre card. Continue playing until 1 player runs out of cards.
3. The player to run out of cards first, wins the game!
4. Extra Round: the remaining players continue to play until there is one player left standing (well, until there’s one player who has remaining cards...too slow!)
Game 3: Reindeer Run
(To be played in multiple rounds)
Objective: Have the fewest cards by getting rid of your card each round.
1. Deal one card facedown to each player. Remaining cards will be used in further rounds. (min. 5 rounds)
2. On the count of 3, players will flip their card over and try to spot the matching Christmas symbol from their card to any other player's card (be sure everyone is able to see each other's cards). Call out the symbol and place it ontop of the other player's card; this becomes their new top card. When this player finds another matching symbol with another player's card, they will place both cards ontop of that player's card (other player will then have 3 cards in hand). They will then use their new top card to find the matching symbol with the remaining players and so on and so forth.
3. Continue until one player has all the cards in hand. Then, start a new round.
4. The player with the fewest cards at the end of the last round, wins!
Game 4: Coal Cracker
Objective: Have the fewest cards.
1. Deal one card facedown to each player. Place remaining cards face up in the centre of the table as the draw pile.
2. On the count of 3, players will flip their card over and try to spot the matching Christmas symbol from the middle card to any other player's card. Call out the symbol and place it ontop of the other player's card; this becomes their new top card. Essentially you are gifting "coal" to the other player and you don't want too many yourself! The next card in the centre pile becomes the new card that players use to match to other player's top card. Continue until the centre draw pile runs out!
3. The player with the least amount of cards wins!
Game 5: Three Turtle Doves
Objective: Collect the most cards
1. Place all cards facedown in a pile. Take the first 9 cards and place them face up in rows of 3.
2. Find the matching Christmas symbol on any 3 cards, call it out and take the 3 cards. Replace them with 3 new cards. Continue until there are less than 9 cards remaining and no more 3 cards that match.
3. The player with the most amount of cards wins!
Not sure who called it?
The first player to call out the name of the Christmas symbol wins. In case there's a tie, the first player to take or place the card wins.
Need to settle the score?
If 2 players are tied for first then they must face-off in a final round. Draw 1 card each and simultaneously flip it over. First to call out the matching Christmas symbol wins.
We can't wait for you to play our beautiful game! Be sure to tag us on Instagram or Facebook ❤️